When ever I draw old people I inevitably end up putting myself in their comfy low impact shoes and asking myself what I will be doing, thinking, watching, eating and wearing when I get to that age. Like, will I still be interested in clothes at all? Obviously, I’ll still be wearing something, I just wonder if I’ll still care what it is? And for sure it will have to be something comfy and warm. I’m already wearing a vest all year round as it is, so God knows how many layers I’ll be piling on when I get to pension age? I’ll probably look something like a textile onion with crepe sole shoes, long ears and no hair!
So here are some questions you can ask yourself, while your looking at these old folks.
1. How old is old?
2. Where do old people buy their clothes?
3. Do old folks look at Blogs?
4. What sort of blogs do they look at?
5. When we’re 64, will we still be looking at blogs and writing blogs and if so, what about?
6. Will blogs even exist?
7. Will the world exist?
8. Why are we here in the first place?
You see what dangerous path you can get onto when you start drawing old people! Next post I think I’ll stick to drawing buildings or women in bikinis….