Yesterday I was nominated for the Liebster blog award. Haven’t heard of the Liebster? Neither had I. It is an award which exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means: dearest, kindest, nicest, lovely, pleasant, valued, endearing or welcome.
The Award come with a list of “rules” (below), and so I did have to think before accepting it, as I was always suspicious of “chain letters” in the past and it works a little like that. However!!!….I’m also much too vain to not think that somehow they might be right in awarding it to me and secondly, I’ll do anything for more followers! So If you too get nominated, you might have me to thank.
So……the list of “Rules”
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
So thank you Linda at zerotosixtyinfive. I’m very honored you chose mine of all the many blogs out there and it’s very much appreciated.
2. Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Who taught you to drive? An old friend of the family, when I was only 14….
- Have you ever won anything (you’d like to tell about)? The Art Prize at School Which was a book I still have, “A popular History of the Arts” Now I’ve won two awards!!
- Besides sight, which sense would you most hate to lose? My sixth sense which allows me to see far into the future…
- Who is the one person that if they read your blog you’d faint?
- What was your favorite year in school (K-12 or college)? Why? My first year at Art and Design College in York. It was my first real year of living away from home, surrounded by like minded people and doing something I loved and with the future in front of me.
- What is something you’re proud you had the guts to do? Quit my job without having found another.
- Paris or Venice? New York and London, Paris would come in a close third…
- Would you bungee jump? I could only answer that when I was stood on top of the bridge with the elastic wrapped around my feet.
- Favorite novel. I don’t really do favourites, as with film, Artists and music there is just far too much good stuff out there. But a starting top ten in no particular order could be: Sidharta – Hermann Hesse, On the Road – Jack Kerouac, The Inheritors – William Golding, Rue Du Retour – Abdellatif Laàbi, Lord of the Rings – Tolkein, Marguerite Duras – The Lover, Iain Banks – The Wasp Factory, Kon Tiki – Thor Heyerdahl, The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho, Charles Bukowski – Women
- Early bird or night owl? I think an early bird..
- What is one thing you’d change in the world if you had a magic wand? Hatred, Small-mindedness, Envy, Vindictiveness, Inequality, Extremism in any form….was that more than one…!
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- I like wool jumpers.
- I only wear selvedge denim.
- I love Mangos.
- I don’t like parsnips.
- I don’t like parsnips.
- I really don’t like parsnips.
- I make things last….I still have art materials from twenty years ago.
- I used to be able to hold my breath under water for 2 minutes and twenty seconds.
- I don’t like to have books on my bookshelf that I haven’t read.
- I have a collection of different stamps but not a stamp collection.
- When I was little I wanted to be a tap-dancer but changed my mind when I found out I would have to learn ballet first!
5. Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- crackskullbob – Inane, Acerbic, Irreverent and a superb talent with a pen, pencil and felt tips. I go here when I need to smile.
- idleminutes – A fellow wordpress blogger and another sketcher, Don West writes as well as he draws and makes beautiful everyday stories along the way.
- nicholasherbert – The blog or artist Nicholas Herbert who makes very beautiful abstract landscapes.
- desertedplaces – Photographs of abandoned places by Greek photographer and blogger Alexander, which provide me with glut of inspiration.
- wonderfulcinema - My first and last stop when I feel the need to watch a film.
[My sincere apologies to any of the above bloggers if they have more than the requisite number of followers. It wasn’t meant as an insult, but rather a compliment — I am recommending these blogs.]
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- What piece of work are you most proud of and Why?
- Tea or Coffee?
- Last meal on your last day on Earth?
- What is the thing you are most proud of?
- Who or what inspires you the most?
- What do you remember as your earliest creation?
- Why create?
- Favourite place to be in the world?
- Which piece of poetry or prose do you remember as being the most impactful and memorable?
- Most memorable film?
- What is one thing you’d change in the world if you had a magic wand?
7. List these rules in your post.
You can copy this post right into your own post if you want to play along.
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it!